At MotorsportM8, we’re always on the lookout for people to join our team of dedicated motorsport journalists. All we ask that you are committed, hard-working and above all, have a love of motorsport.
We are currently seeking an aspiring motorsports writer to assist us with our Formula 1 reporting, which includes: Filing practice, qualifying and race reports, submitting relevant news stories and undertaking feature writing.
As a not-for-profit website, the positions are unpaid but what we do provide is exposure to over a quarter of a million readers and a potential pathway into the profession.
Subject to your performance and commitment, we can also offer our writers the opportunity to be accredited as journalists to championship events and Grands Prix.
If you’re still interested, read on…
The ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent writer (preferably with, or undertaking, a Journalism or Communications degree)
- Good at relating to all kinds of people
- Able to absorb information rapidly
- A motorsport die-hard
- Willing to hit deadlines
You will know:
- The difference between your and you’re; and there, their and they’re
- What a deadline is
- Motorsport… intimately
- The difference between PR and news, opinion and analysis
- The definition of plagiarism
You will need:
- High standards of accuracy
- A thick skin, to handle rejection and criticism
- Excellent written English and a concise writing style
- A passion for Motorsport
Many of you are passionate about motorsport. Perhaps some of you like writing about it. Would you like to write for MotorsportM8?