Daniel Nagy will remain with Zengö Motorsport in the 2017 FIA World Touring Car Championship, the team has announced.
The Hungarian driver will be joined by new teammate Aurélien Panis, the son of ex-Formula 1 driver Olivier Panis, in the privateer outfit’s pair of Honda Civic WTCC race cars.
Nagy made his WTCC debut as a 17-year-old, joining the team in the mid-season at the Race of Portugal once the outfit had completed the assembly of its second car.
The youngster acquitted himself well and quickly got up to speed over the remaining races in the season, all of which took place at circuits he’d never raced at. He finished an impressive eighth overall in the Yokohama Trophy standings for independent drivers, with an eleventh-placed finish at the season-ending Race of Qatar his best result.
Image via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018