Daniel Nagy will remain with Zengö Motorsport in the 2017 FIA World Touring Car Championship, the team has announced.
The Hungarian driver will be joined by new teammate Aurélien Panis, the son of ex-Formula 1 driver Olivier Panis, in the privateer outfit’s pair of Honda Civic WTCC race cars.
Nagy made his WTCC debut as a 17-year-old, joining the team in the mid-season at the Race of Portugal once the outfit had completed the assembly of its second car.
The youngster acquitted himself well and quickly got up to speed over the remaining races in the season, all of which took place at circuits he’d never raced at. He finished an impressive eighth overall in the Yokohama Trophy standings for independent drivers, with an eleventh-placed finish at the season-ending Race of Qatar his best result.
Image via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020