LD Motorsport’s revolving door driver line-up shows no sign of abating, with Cameron McConville walking away from the team ahead of this weekend’s Townsville 400 Supercars round.
His place in the team’s #3 Holden Commodore will be taken by Aaren Russell, who joins the squad on a three-round deal.
McConville – the car’s third different driver in as many events – was originally signed for both the Darwin and Townsville rounds, however the veteran driver opted to pull out in the lead up to this weekend’s round in Queensland after two uncompetitive showings in the Top End.
McConville cited his commitments running the running Porsche Carrera Cup and GT squads under the Zagame Motorsport banner.
Russell, who was in the frame for a full-time drive with LD Motorsport in the 2017 pre-season, will now contest this weekend’s Townsville round thanks to a last-minute deal by his long-time backers Plus Fitness. The Newcastle-born driver will also contest the Bathurst 1000 and the inaugural Newcastle 500 rounds as part of this agreement.
Image via LD Motorsport
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020