Formula 1 tested a live 360-degree telecast of the 2017 Singapore Grand Prix. While this wasn’t available for fans to consume, if it was, the footage would’ve only offered more angles to fans to dissect the Verstappen-Räikkönen-Vettel clash and pinpoint the blame on a driver.
But do we really have to blame this on someone? Let’s take the FIA’s lead, classify it as a ‘racing incident’ and move on. Or like Mithila said, she’d love to use the 360 degree footage to see Fernando Alonso’s airborne 360 degree spin!
In this week’s episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast, we tell you why a Lewis Hamilton win in Singapore is actually an unusual result, why Carlos Sainz Jr. might need to drop the ‘Jr.’ from his name next season and wonder if Nico Rosberg has any clout whatsoever to help Robert Kubica make a heroic comeback to the sport.
Also, we can’t believe that Daniel Ricciardo actually admitted to farting at an official FIA press conference!
Has Mercedes forgotten their other junior driver, Pascal Wehrlein? And will both of Ferrari’s junior drivers (Antonio Giovinazzi and Charles Leclerc) make it to Formula 1 next season? And finally, should Jolyon Palmer take the money and make way for Sainz to make his Renault debut in Malaysia?
Image via LAT Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen ends winless streak - 6 September, 2020