Defending champions Renault e.dams has unveiled the livery it will run for the 2017-18 FIA Formula E Championship season.
The team has claimed all three Teams’ Championship titles since the all-electric series was formed in 2014, with 15 ePrix race wins in the 33 races held to-date.
The team’s Z.E.17 cars, driven once again by 2015-16 champion Sébastien Buemi and Nicolas Prost, features a slightly revised paint scheme where the previously yellow strips are now white.
“For the past forty years, being an engine supplier has been the common thread in Renault’s motor racing involvement, in Formula 1 and now in Formula E,” Renault chief Cyril Abiteboul explained.
“As the only constructor currently implicated in both disciplines, Renault has developed multiple synergies between the two programmes.
“I believe that our supremacy in Formula E is due in large part to the expertise developed for Formula 1 since the arrival of the hybrid systems in 2009.
“These synergies are also reflected in the image: the new Renault e.dams livery foreshadows the evolution of our identity in Formula 1 for the 2018 season.”
The Formula E field will have its first official pre-season test at Valencia next week before the season-opening Hong Kong ePrix round in December.
Image via Renault e.dams
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020