António Félix da Costa will remain at the Andretti Formula E team for the 2017-18 championship season, the team has confirmed.
The 26-year-old Portuguese driver has raced in all three Formula E Championship seasons held to-date, starting out with the Aguri team before switching to the Andretti squad for the 2016-17 season.
The 2016-17 campaign proved tough for the former Red Bull academy driver. He scored his only points’ finish at the season-opening Hong Kong ePrix and finished a lowly 20th overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
The Andretti team, which has a technical partnership with BMW, underwent a rebrand in the off-season thanks to a new partnership with the Japanese MS&AD conglomerate.
“I’m very happy to be back with the MS&AD Andretti team for season four,” said Félix da Costa.
“We have had good testing days and I believe we have made some much-needed steps forward.
“Besides that, with another small push from BMW and our partners, I believe we have the strength to fight for good results – I can’t wait for Hong Kong.”
The identity of Félix da Costa’s teammate is as yet unknown. Despite Robin Frijns comfortably outscoring Félix da Costa during the 2016-17 season, the Dutch driver was shown the door.
The team is currently auditioning BMW works drivers Alexander Sims and Tom Blomqvist at this week’s Valencia pre-season test.
Image via FIA Formula E Championship
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020