Pirelli’s Ultra Soft tyre compound will run with pink sidewalls at this weekend’s United States Grand Prix to celebrate Formula 1’s partnership with the Susan G. Komen breast cancer research foundation.
With October historically being marked as Breast Cancer Awareness month, the Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas will feature a range of on- and off-track activities to mark the charity partnership.
“For America, we’re once again taking a softer range of compounds that we have done for previous races there,” said Pirelli’s Head of Car Racing Mario Isola.
“The Ultra Soft will be available in Austin for the first time: but in pink as a one-off, to highlight the brilliant work of the Susan G. Komen foundation.”
The Susan G. Komen foundation is the largest and best-funded breast cancer organization in the United States. Over its 35-year history, the foundation has raised and invested more than $1.5 billion towards breast cancer education, research, advocacy, health services and social support programs in the U.S., and through partnerships in more than 50 other countries.
Pirelli’s Super Soft (red) and Soft (yellow) compounds will also be available this weekend.
To learn more about the Susan G. Komen foundation, visit its website at www.komen.org.
Image via LAT Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen ends winless streak - 6 September, 2020