Cameron Waters will continue to enjoy the backing of the Monster Energy drinks brand in next year’s Supercars Championship campaign.
The company has been the naming rights sponsor of the #6 Prodrive Racing owned Ford Falcon since 2016, coinciding with Waters’ full-time graduation to the Supercars Championship following his triumph in the 2015 Dunlop Super2 feeder series.
Waters has blossomed in his second year of full-time Supercars racing, claiming his maiden win alongside Pirtek Enduro Cup co-driver Richie Stanaway at the Sandown 500 in September. His win followed him signing a two-year contract extension to remain with Prodrive Racing until at least 2019.
“It’s awesome to be back with Monster Energy for a third year and I’m pumped for 2018 and getting some more wins for the team.” Waters said.
“I feel like I’ve proven myself in 2017 and that we have the right package as a team both technically and commercially to fight for titles in 2018, and that is the goal.
“I’d love to win a championship with Monster Energy on my car and pay them back for all the support they’ve shown in getting me to pinnacle of Australian motor racing.”
Image via Keith McInnes
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020