Sébastien Loeb Racing has revealed the livery scheme it will run on Ma Qing Hua’s Citroën C-Elysée when the Chinese driver makes his World Touring Car Championship return at the Guia Race of Macau in November.
Ma, who became the first Chinese driver to win an FIA world championship race when he claimed victory at Moscow Raceway in 2014, last competed in the WTCC in 2015 before embarking on a short-lived return to open-wheel racing in the FIA Formula E Championship.
The Shanghai driver will be hoping to use his one-off WTCC outing as a launchpad to a full-time return to the series. He will join the team’s regular drivers Mehdi Bennani, Tom Chilton and John Filippi in an expanded four-car line-up.
“I’m very positive about this opportunity and really pleased to come back to this championship,” he said.
“Macau is a legendary place, an amazing city and I really appreciate the chance to do it again this year. It will take a little while to get back into the rhythm but it should be fine and I still have a strong memory from those cars.”
Image via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020