The Venturi Formula E team will partner with Mercedes’ specialist motorsport technology company HWA AG for the upcoming 2017-18 championship season.
HWA was founded in the 1999 as a spin-off of Mercedes’ tuning and performance car division, AMG.
It develops components and builds sports cars for Mercedes-AMG and parent company Daimler, as well as assuming overall responsibility for the AMG Mercedes team in the DTM championship. HWA also develops, manufactures and services the Mercedes racing engines run in the European and British Formula 3 Championships.
The partnership with Venturi will see HWA provide technical support to the Monegasque team, which finished a lowly ninth overall in the Teams’ Championship standings in the preceding 2016-17 season.
Hints at a potential partnership with Mercedes – which will join Formula E as a fully fledged manufacturer in 2019-20 – were given with Venturi’s signing of Mercedes DTM stars Maro Engel and Edoardo Mortara.
Image via Venturi Formula E Team
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018