The inaugural São Paulo ePrix, originally confirmed on the 2017-18 FIA Formula E Championship calendar, has been postponed until 2019.
The series will instead return to the beachside city of Punta del Este, which played host to the championship over its first two seasons but was dropped for the 2016-17 season and absent from the original 2017-18 schedule when it was published by the FIA World Motor Sport Council.
With local city authorities requesting the postponement of the São Paulo round, Formula E organisers were quick to secure a replacement venue and keep the March 17 calendar slot the Brazilian round had originally occupied.
The updated 2017-18 season calendar is as follows:
Image via FIA Formula E Championship
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018