Garry Rogers Motorsport will continue to run as Wilson Security Racing in the 2018 Supercars Championship season after the company extended its naming rights sponsorship with the team.
The security, storage, parking and healthcare conglomerate joined GRM as a naming rights sponsor in 2015, the team’s final year running its Volvo S60 challengers before reverting to a customer Holden Commodore operation.
The 2018 season will see the team upgrade its Holdens to the new ZB-specification Commodore.
“I have been fortunate that throughout my 54 years in motorsport that I have had companies and people who have trusted me to give them value for their investment, and for the Wilson Group led by Wilson Security to continue their naming rights partnership with my team for a fourth consecutive season in 2018 is tremendous,” said GRM team owner Garry Rogers.
“The Wilson brand and logo have become synonymous with Supercars and we are very proud to represent the brand.
“Loyalty is often a characteristic that is lost in modern sport and particularly the competitive nature of sponsorships.
“I cannot express how proud and thankful I am that through some very difficult times and uncertainty that Wilson Security have backed me and stuck with GRM.”
Image via Garry Rogers Motorsport
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Winton round postponed amid Covid-19 spike - 2 July, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin extends points lead with victory - 28 June, 2020
- Supercars: Percat denies Whincup victory - 28 June, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin holds off van Gisbergen in Sydney thriller - 27 June, 2020
- Supercars: Courtney splits with Team Sydney - 2 March, 2020