|F5000 Thunder: The Titans of Road Racing (1970-1981), by Ray Bell and Tony Loxley|
|© 2017, ISBN 9780980858938 (Hardcover), published by Full Throttle Publishing|
Formula 5000 cars were the loudest, fastest and most exhilarating racing machines on earth and at one point even threatened Formula 1’s dominance at the pinnacle of motorsport design. Of course this cocktail would capture the imagination of motor racing fans in the USA, Europe, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.
Sadly, their reign proved short-lived, although these titanic cars haven’t been forgotten by the thousands of fans worldwide who adored their Chevrolet-powered engine scream and who today still flock to circuits to watch these historic racers bring back the great memories of the 1970s and 1980s.
Written by Formula 5000 experts Ray Bell and Tony Loxley, F5000 Thunder assembles some of the biggest names from that heyday of racing to tell their stories about racing, developing and promoting this incredible category. Local and international drivers fill the pages to share their stories, including Chris Amon, Vern Schuppan, Frank Matich, Graham McRae, Jon Davison, John Bowe, Jim Richards, Colin Bond and many more.
F5000 Thunder is available at all specialty book retailers. Our review copy was kindly provided to us by Pitstop Online – you can order your copy by clicking here.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020