David Reynolds and Luke Youlden will aim to defend their Bathurst 1000 victory in 2018 with confirmation that Erebus Motorsport has re-signed Youlden to its 2018 Pirtek Enduro Cup roster.
Reynolds and Youlden enjoyed a successful partnership in this year’s endurance events; Youlden won his qualifying race at the Sandown 500 and helped steer Reynolds to a popular win at ‘The Great Race’ at Mount Panorama.
“Luke did an outstanding job this year, so it’s great to be able to get him back for another year,” Erebus Motorsport general manager Barry Ryan said.
“He is exactly what you want inside and outside the car and we have the confidence that he will do a good job; not only is he quick, he also responds well to pressure and is very level headed.
“Dave and Luke winning Bathurst was absolutely awesome and we wouldn’t mind doing it again next year.”
“I’m stoked to have re-signed with the team,” Youlden added.
“Erebus give me the best chance to go back-to-back and I think the car will be even stronger next year. Having won this year, it’s definitely given me even greater motivation, I’ll be pushing twice as hard to try and win the next one.
“I’ve been here now for 12 months and I couldn’t be happier; it’s going to be another fun year and I think that atmosphere in the team is conducive to good performance.”
Image via Keith McInnes Photography
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020