The Bathurst 12 Hour event is now in full swing ahead of one of the year’s biggest GT endurance races.
The majority of teams are now set up in their respective garages with activities spent focusing on pit stop practice, driver changeover simulations and final Balance of Performance adjustments making up some of the events witnessed on the first official day at ‘The Mountain’.
As a photographer it was great to see a huge range of colorful liveries. Some notable entries included the Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R in highly reflective green and the vibrant M4 GT4 by BMW Team SRM; these cars will look particularly amazing on Sunday morning during the sunrise and early light.
Friday brings four of the five scheduled practice sessions, so there will be plenty of on-track action. A final practice session occurs on Saturday ahead of what is expected to be a closely fought qualifying session.
As you stay tuned for a recap of the practice sessions tomorrow, here’s a selection of the day’s best images:
Images via Ignite Image
Latest posts by George Hitchens (see all)
- Grid Kids’ roles revealed ahead of the Australian GP - 9 March, 2019
- FEATURE: The Colour of Speed - 10 February, 2019
- GALLERY: Australian GP Sunday in Pictures - 26 March, 2018
- Gallery: Australian GP Saturday in Pictures - 25 March, 2018
- GALLERY: Australian GP Friday in pictures - 23 March, 2018