Supercars debutants Matt Stone Racing have shown off the livery scheme they will use on driver Todd Hazelwood’s Ford Falcon to contest the upcoming 2018 championship season.
The small Queensland outfit will graduate to the top-tier touring car category, with Dunlop Super2 Series title-winner Hazelwood at the wheel.
The team’s Ford Falcon FG X, formerly used by championship winners DJR Team Penske, will carry naming rights backing from Bigmate, a company specialising in GPS tracking and asset management solutions. The youngster’s #35 entry also carries prominent signage from mobile telecommunications giant Optus.
“We have had such a strong and successful partnership with Bigmate and I am excited to make my full-time Supercars Championship debut under their banner,” said Hazelwood.
“This should be a fantastic season for all of our main and minor partners for 2018 and I am really looking forward to unveiling the car this week in Sydney.”
The Bigmate Racing Falcon will have its first public hit-out at the official pre-season test at Sydney Motorsport Park on Friday.
Image via Matt Stone Racing
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula 2: Russell extends title lead with Sprint Race win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Makino romps to shock maiden win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell wins crucial pole at Monza - 1 September, 2018
- ‘The Passion for Muscle Cars’ - 31 August, 2018
- Formula 2: Latifi breaks his duck - 26 August, 2018