The Haas F1 Team is the first constructor to reveal its 2018 Formula 1 World Championship challenger, unveiling a rendering of its Ferrari-powered VF-18 via social media on Wednesday.
The American-based team went back to its roots, donning a predominately white livery similar to the colour scheme in its maiden 2016 season.
The car, sporting the new Halo cockpit protection system, gives fans a first glimpse at what this year’s Formula 1 cars will look like.
The Halo protection on the VF-18 was a hot topic with fans on social media, with plenty continuing to voice opposition to the controversial device while others embraced the new look.
While rather masked against the dark grey background in the digital rendering, Haas has opted for a black Halo frame – perhaps this will minimise the complaints of fans.
For die-hard F1 fans, it’s now one down, nine to go for car launches. The Williams team is next in line to pull the covers off its 2018 car, with the launch of its FW41 taking place on Thursday in London.
Image via Haas F1 Team
Latest posts by Luke McCullough (see all)
- Ocon and Magnussen disqualified from the USGP - 22 October, 2018
- Formula E: McLaren outcasts team up - 15 October, 2018
- Australia retains its place as 2019’s F1 season-opener - 15 October, 2018
- Mick Schumacher triumphs in European F3 season - 14 October, 2018
- Giovinazzi to join Raikkonen at Sauber for 2019 - 26 September, 2018