Lewis Hamilton’s stunning run to a record seventh pole position on Saturday pointed to renewed Mercedes dominance at the start of the 2018 season at the Australian Grand Prix.
Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari hadn’t read our form guide and claimed a surprise Safety Car assisted victory that caught the defending champions off-guard reeling and gave fans a potential sign of the unpredictable season that could await us.
Aside from a tense run to the chequered flag at the front of the field, Sunday’s race features close battles up and down the grid and exciting new off-track initiatives made for a truly thrilling season-opener.
As has been the case all weekend, George Hitchens of Ignite Image has been trackside to deliver you more exclusive photographic highlights from Sunday’s action at Albert Park. Here’s a selection of his best work:
Images are copyright Ignite Image / MotorsportM8 and may not be reproduced without permission.
Latest posts by George Hitchens (see all)
- Grid Kids’ roles revealed ahead of the Australian GP - 9 March, 2019
- FEATURE: The Colour of Speed - 10 February, 2019
- GALLERY: Australian GP Sunday in Pictures - 26 March, 2018
- Gallery: Australian GP Saturday in Pictures - 25 March, 2018
- GALLERY: Australian GP Friday in pictures - 23 March, 2018