The inaugural FIA World Touring Car Cup cars and drivers were on display today at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with the majority of the field taking to the Montmelò circuit to prepare for the season-opening round in Marrakech next weekend.
A notable absentee was Sébastien Loeb Racing’s Rob Huff, who was sidelined due to illness. Teammate Mehdi Bennani performed driving duties in the team’s Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR.
Local outfit Campos Racing topped the timesheets in their Cupra TCRs, with Pepe Oriola leading the way in the morning test session before teammate John Filippi went quickest in the afternoon session by almost a second.
Images via FIA WTCR Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Frijns wins as Vergne goes back to back - 15 July, 2019
- Formula E: Sims on pole for New York finale - 15 July, 2019
- Hamilton records sixth British GP victory - 15 July, 2019
- Bottas beats Hamilton to British GP pole - 14 July, 2019
- Leclerc tops ultra-tight session - 13 July, 2019