Münnich Motorsport has withdrawn James Thompson’s entry from this weekend’s FIA World Touring Car Cup round in Slovakia.
The German team will field Yann Ehrlacher and Esteban Guerrieri in its remaining Honda Civic TCR entries.
Thompson was forced to miss much of the action at the preceding Race of Portugal round after his #15 Honda Civic was heavily damaged in the opening-lap pile-up in Race 1.
Thompson’s absence is due to him being unavailable; the Race of Slovakia event was a last-minute replacement for the Race of Argentina at Termas de Río Hondo which was cancelled at the behest of the local government.
This weekend’s grid will be a 26-car affair featuring just four Honda entries: the two from Münnich Motorsport and the two Boutsen Ginion Racing entries of Benjamin Lessennes and Tom Coronel.
Images via FIA WTCR Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018