Norbert Michelisz, Yvan Muller and Thed Björk have been excluded from the qualifying results for Race 1 of the FIA World Touring Car Cup round at the Slovakia Ring.
The FIA Stewards concluded that the trio of Hyundai drivers had exceeded their maximum boost pressure, which had been revised for the i30 N TCR models ahead of the race weekend.
With Björk (pictured) already starting Race 1 from the back of the grid due to an engine change, the Swede will now be joined by his teammate and team boss Yvan Muller, as well as the BRC Racing entry of Michelisz.
The sole Hyundai runner in compliance was Gabriele Tarquini, who keeps his pole position after being fastest overall in qualifying. The Italian will now start ahead of the DG Peugeot 308TCR of Aurélien Comte and Pepe Oriola’s Campos Racing Cupra TCR.
Image via FIA WTCR Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018