NIO reserve driver Ma Qing Hua will replace Oliver Turvey for Sunday’s season-ending New York City ePrix. The British driver was withdrawn from the event after breaking a finger in an accident during Saturday’s second practice session.
Turvey (pictured above) injured his left hand when he hit the wall and did not participate in qualifying while his injury was assessed at hospital.
“The NIO Formula E Team confirms that #16 NIO 003 driver Oliver Turvey has sustained a fracture in his fifth metacarpal (little finger) on his left hand as a result of the incident during the second practice session of Round 11 of the New York ePrix today,” a team statement reads.
“NIO Formula E Reserve Driver, Ma Qing Hua, shall now compete in Round 12 of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship tomorrow at Red Hook Circuit in Oliver’s place.”
It marks the second time that Ma has raced in the Formula E Championship this season. The Chinese driver was drafted in to replace Luca Filippi at the Paris ePrix in May and finished the race in 17th place after stalling on the starting grid.
Images via ABB FIA Formula E Championship
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020