|Roothy Out of Range by John Rooth|
|© 2018, published by Penguin Random House Australia|
|ISBN 9780143783954 (Paperback)|
Australia’s favourite bush mechanic takes you ‘off road’ and ‘out of range’ on the best 4WD adventures in Australia.
Who’d be mad enough to go travelling to some of the most isolated places in the world in a beaten-up old truck? Meet John ‘Roothy’ Rooth, Australia’s best-known bush mechanic.
In a country where a little trip is thousands of kilometres and a busy place means someone’s been there before, you’ll smell the dust, the rain and the diesel on every page. This is the story of one man’s love for his country, his old Toyota called ‘Milo’ and some of the more incredible adventures they’ve shared.
Out of Range takes you on seven of the most iconic four-wheel drive trips in Australia. With Roothy as your guide, you’ll find sandy deserts to cross, snowy mountains to climb, crocodile swamps to plunge through and sun-drenched beaches to soak up.
And if up one of those remote tracks you spot an old green truck and a bearded bunyip of a bloke banging out a busted bearing, pull over and say ‘G’day’. You’ll cop a big grin, and then he’ll probably bite you for a beer…
Roothy Out of Range is available for sale on October 29. Our review copy was kindly provided to us by Penguin Random House Australia – click here to pre-order your copy today.
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020