Luca Ghiotto will race for the UNI-Virtuosi team in next year’s FIA Formula 2 Championship season. The Italian will be teammate to Chinese driver Guan Yu Zhou, whose appointment was announced yesterday.
Twenty-three-year-old Ghiotto will enter his fourth season of GP2/F2 competition and previously raced for the British team under its Russian Time guise in 2017 when he finished an impressive fourth overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
Ghiotto switched to Campos Vexatec Racing in 2018 and took four podium finishes for the less-fancied Spanish outfit en route to claiming eighth overall in the points’ standings.
“I am rejoining this group of hard-working people just 12 months after our last race together in 2017,” he said.
“Each one in the team has the highest culture of motorsport and a winning pedigree, which you can feel in every single act and their approach to motor racing.
“Obviously our common target is to do much better than in 2017, when we ended fourth in the Drivers’ Championship.”
|2019 FIA Formula 2 Championship – Provisional Entry List|
|Carlin Motorsport||Nobuharu Matsushita||TBA|
|ART Grand Prix||Nikita Mazepin||Nyck de Vries|
|UNI Virtuosi Racing||Guan Yu Zhou||Luca Ghiotto|
|Prema Racing||Mick Schumacher||Sean Gelael|
|Charouz Racing System||TBA||TBA|
Image via FIA Formula 2 Championship
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020