Defending Formula 2 Teams’ Championship winners Carlin Motorsport are the fifth team to finalise their driving line-up for the 2019 season after confirming Louis Delétraz will partner series returnee Nobuhara Matsushita.
Delétraz, the son of infamous F1 pay driver Jean-Denis Delétraz, will contest his third full-time season in the top echelon’s feeder series where he hopes to campaign for a maiden race win.
The Swiss youngster claimed second-placed finishes in the reversed-grid Sprint Races at Monte Carlo and Paul Ricard while driving for the new Charouz Racing System outfit last year, finishing tenth overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
Carlin Motorsport claimed the Teams’ Championship title at its first attempt last year with the driver pairing of Lando Norris and Sérgio Sette Câmara. The former will graduate to Formula 1 with McLaren, while the latter moves over to the frontrunning DAMS operation next year.
|2019 FIA Formula 2 Championship – Provisional Entry List|
|Carlin Motorsport||Nobuharu Matsushita||Louis Delétraz|
|ART Grand Prix||Nikita Mazepin||Nyck de Vries|
|DAMS||Sérgio Sette Câmara||Nicholas Latifi|
|UNI Virtuosi Racing||Guan Yu Zhou||Luca Ghiotto|
|Prema Racing||Mick Schumacher||Sean Gelael|
|Charouz Racing System||TBA||TBA|
|Trident Racing||Giuliano Alesi||TBA|
Image via FIA Formula 2 Championship
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020