Our first shots of Daniel Ricciardo at his new Renault home have surfaced today with Renault F1 Team releasing shots of their 2019 line up featuring Nico Hülkenberg and inbound driver Daniel Ricciardo.
Announcing his switch to the French team in August, Ricciardo took a low-key off-season break from Formula 1 after a stressful year in the RB14 enduring eight retirements despite claiming two race wins early in the season.
Daniel’s new look is still quaint for some Australian fans who haven’t seen a fellow countrymen race for another team full-time outside of Red Bull Racing since Mark Webber was at Williams in 2006.
Ricciardo continues his Formula 1 career with Renault power joining the factory team alongside Nico Hülkenberg who enters his third season in the yellow and black.
While the 29-year old is not expecting to win races in 2019, he has committed himself to a long-term partnership one day challenging for the world championship.
Looking ahead to the upcoming season, Renault F1 Team schedule to launch their 2019 challenger on February 12 six days before pre-season testing commences in Barcelona.
The opening round kicks off at Daniel’s home race in Melbourne around the Albert Park from March 15-17.
Images via Renault F1 Team
Latest posts by Luke McCullough (see all)
- McLaren duo ready to push forward into European season - 10 May, 2019
- 18-inch tyres to debut in F2 next year - 9 May, 2019
- Brazilian Grand Prix shifts to Rio in 2020 - 9 May, 2019
- Ferrari fastest on Friday in dusty Azerbaijan conditions - 27 April, 2019
- FP1 abandoned in Azerbaijan after drain cover incident - 26 April, 2019