The next round on the Supercars Championship calendar at The Bend Motorsport Park will feature two wildcard drivers. Brad Jones Racing confirmed it will once again run Jack Smith, while Tickford Racing will field a fifth Ford Mustang for Thomas Randle.
Randle currently competes for Tickford Racing in the feeder Super2 Championship and claimed his maiden win in the category last time out at Queensland Raceway.
The 23-year-old will make his solo top-tier debut ahead of anticipated co-driver outings alongside Lee Holdsworth at the Bathurst 1000, Gold Coast 600 and Sandown 500 events.
Randle will drive in the spare Ford Mustang – concerted from its original Ford Falcon FG X specification – allocated to 23Red Racing. He will have a test drive outing in the car at Winton in two weeks’ time.
Meanwhile Smith, who has had three outings with Brad Jones Racing already this season – earning a best finish of 20th at Hidden Valley Raceway – will make his fourth appearance for the team.
The OTR SuperSprint round at The Bend Motorsport Park takes place on August 23-25.
Image via Tickford Racing
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula 2: Sette Câmara beats Ilott to pole - 30 November, 2019
- Formula 2: The 2020 grid takes shape - 29 November, 2019
- Supercars: Le Brocq confirmed at Tickford Racing - 28 November, 2019
- Supercars: Hazelwood replaces Slade at BJR - 27 November, 2019
- Supercars: Mostert confirmed at WAU for 2020 - 26 November, 2019