The results of the FIA WTCR Race of Portugal round have been amended after the International Court of Appeal upheld appeals by Comtoyou Team Audi Sport and Leopard Racing Team Audi Sport against their cars’ disqualification from two of the event’s races.
Leopard Racing Team Audi’s Jean-Karl Vernay (pictured) has been reinstated his P10 finish in Race 1 and his P5 finish in Race 3, while Comtoyou Team Audi Sport driver Frédéric Vervisch retains his P20 classification from Race 1.
Both drivers were excluded when initial scrutineering found that their cars had exceeded the allowable engine boost pressure.
The amended results impact the overall championship standings.
Overall Drivers’ Championship leader Norbert Michelisz now has 246 points instead of 247, cutting his margin to title rival Esteban Guerrieri to 15 points. In the Teams’ Championship standings, Cyan Racing Lynk & Co’s lead over ALL-INKL.COM Münnich Motorsport has been reduced to 22 points.
The updated provisional WTCR / OSCARO standings can be viewed here.
Image via FIA WTCR Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019