The KCMG team will enter Jim Ka To as a wildcard driver for the FIA World Touring Car Cup round at Suzuka.
The Hong Kong driver won the 2008 Formula Renault Asian Challenge title and now competes in the Super Taikyu Series for KCMG in one of its Honda Civic Type-R FK8 TCR challengers. The same car will be entered in the WTCR races at Suzuka.
“I’m very happy to have a chance to represent KC Motorgroup and to compete in the WTCR Race of Japan. I will use my experience of the car to try to get good results for the team,” he said of his appointment.
“We’re excited to see Jim Ka To behind the wheel of the Honda Civic Type R TCR again for his World Touring Car Cup debut. We have had a very strong season with the car in Super Taikyu and TCR Japan, so we look forward to seeing how Jim does at Suzuka,” said Paul Ip, KCMG’s founder.
The team already fields WTCR regulars Tiago Monteiro and Attila Tassi.
Ka To will join fellow Japanese wildcards Ritomo Miyata and Ryuichiro Tomita (both racing for Audi Sport Team Hitotsuyama) in a 29-car field for the series’ visit to Suzuka on October , which will take place on the shorter East Course configuration.
Image via KCMG
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019